Since 2004, over 13,000 nonprofits, charities and libraries in Canada have received over $129 million worth of software and hardware donations.
Strategic Planning is one of eight nonprofit management courses in the Learning Institute Certificate series. The course presents standard nonprofit concepts, vocabulary, and strategies through a 90-minute video presentation. A downloadable participant guide reinforces the presentation and contains worksheets and an Organizational Assessment Tool to assist with post-training implementation. The course takes from six to nine hours to complete and is available online for one year.
Benefits for Organizations
If you lead or manage a nonprofit organization or public library, you can learn how to:
- Prepare for the planning process through information gathering, analysis, and comparing the organization's current positioning to its goals
- Gather information through external, internal, and market assessments
- Write a vision statement that includes a future direction, a hope for community change, and an element of excitement
The course was prepared by Frank Martinelli, president of the Center for Public Skills Training, with guest Julia Taylor, executive director of the YWCA of Greater Milwaukee and past president of the National Association of YW Executives.
Test Your Computer Before Requesting
Before you request this product, test your computer's ability to play the video presentation by playing the samples at: http://www.snpo.org/lino/catalog/samples.php.
Certificate Available at an Extra Cost
A certificate is not part of the TechSoup Canada offer; it is available through the Learning Institute program of the Society for Nonprofit Organizations (SNPO). Participants can earn 0.6 of a continuing education unit (CEU) for each course from Michigan State University by paying an additional fee to the Learning Institute and submitting completed assignments for evaluation. Successful completion of CEU assignments for the entire series entitles them to the Certificate in Nonprofit Leadership and Management from SNPO and Michigan State University.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup Canada will send a message to your organization email address with instructions for obtaining and activating this product.
- Windows operating system
- Web browser set to allow videos to play in web pages and with pop-up blockers disabled temporarily. The site is optimized for Internet Explorer 6 with Windows Media Player 7.1+.
- To test a computer's ability to play Learning Institute videos, play the samples at: http://www.snpo.org/lino/catalog/samples.php.
- Internet connection