Since 2004, over 13,000 nonprofits, charities and libraries in Canada have received over $129 million worth of software and hardware donations.
Norton Internet Security 4 is a suite of three applications designed to protect against security threats that can harm a Macintosh computer.
- Norton AntiVirus continuously detects, removes, and blocks spyware, viruses, and other security risks. It also scans and cleans attachments exchanged through email or instant messaging (IM).
- Norton Confidential protects passwords and other personal information, allowing the user to bank, shop, and do business online without threat of identity theft.
- Norton Firewall protects against unwanted network connections from other computers. It can also be set to block particular applications from communicating out to the Internet or to allow them to do so.
The donation includes one year of virus protection and scanning engine updates.
This product is identical to the version sold through the Symantec website and includes the standard support, renewal, and upgrade options available with retail products.
Here are some notable features of this product:
- Norton DeepSight Community blocks attackers that have been reported by Symantec users worldwide. Norton DeepSight automatically contacts Symantec to get an updated list of attackers.
- Vulnerability Protection guards against application and operating system security holes.
- Individual files can be locked, preventing them from being opened or deleted, whether deliberately by hackers or inadvertently.
- LiveUpdate automatically downloads and installs the latest product and security updates.
- Location Awareness automatically adjusts settings when a notebook computer connects to a new network.
Choose Carefully: The administrative fee for this downloaded product is not refundable.
Downloading the Norton Internet Security Installation File: When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup Canada will send an email to your organization email address containing download instructions. The download size is about 105 MB.
- PowerPC or Intel Core processor
- 512 MB RAM
- 250 MB available hard-disk space; 500 MB recommended
- CD or DVD drive
Internet connection for LiveUpdate
Compatible instant messaging clients for Norton Confidential data filtering include:
- iChat 4.x
- Microsoft Messenger 7.0.1 for Mac
- Yahoo! Instant Messenger 3.0 for Mac
- AIM for Mac Beta 2