Bytes of Learning Program Guidelines
- Donated product will be distributed under this program to qualifying organizations only, not to individuals.
- This donation is available only to Canadian Registered Charities registered with the Canada Revenue Agency, Canadian nonprofits incorporated either provincially or at the federal level, and Canadian public libraries with a library symbol from Library and Archives Canada.
- Each qualifying organization may request a single donation within a fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
- Donations are available to organizations with annual budgets of $1,000,000 or less.
- Donations are not available for distribution to:
- Educational institutions; however, donations are available to schools for the disabled, parent-teacher groups, student housing organizations, student exchange programs, and similar organizations.
- Advocacy groups except for those explicitly working in human rights; drug, alcohol, and firearm policy; ecology and conservation; racial integration; or population control.
- Computer refurbishing programs.
- Organizations that advocate, support, or practice discrimination based on age, ethnicity, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background are not eligible to participate in this program. Organizations must be willing and able to attest that they do not discriminate on any of these grounds in order to receive donations.
- Bytes of Learning donated licenses may not be transferred or resold.
- Organizations must represent and warrant that they are willing to provide information to Bytes of Learning for the purposes of creating a case study or testimonial on this product.
Bytes of Learning Donations Program Information
Bytes of Learning believes that computer technology enriches education by engaging students and teachers in learning, creating, and communicating. Its mission is to provide the tools, technology, and guidance to meet this goal.
Bytes of Learning offers its software donations to community organisations and other nonprofit groups who rely primarily on private donations and who assist disadvantaged people of any age and walk of life.
For more information about the Bytes of Learning Program, please see Bytes of Learning Program FAQ’s.