The WS-C2960C-8PC-L is one of the Catalyst 2960 Series fixed-configuration switches. It provides Power over Ethernet (PoE), 10/100-Mbps Fast Ethernet, and 10/100/1000-Mbps Gigabit Ethernet connectivity with enhanced LAN services for midsize and branch office networks.
Benefits for Organizations
Organizations can use this switch to extend an existing network, bringing wired connectivity to more employees and supporting new wireless deployments.
- LAN Base IOS software: The switch's software includes a rich Layer 2+ suite of intelligent services, including:
- Advanced quality of service (QoS)
- Granular rate limiting
- Access control lists (ACLs)
- Multicast services
- Multiple switch management options:
- Embedded GUI device manager for all operating systems
- Windows-based Cisco Network Assistant, available at no cost from the Cisco website
- Enhanced operational usability: Cisco Catalyst Smart Operations simplifies LAN deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting. These features enable automated installation and replacement of switches, faster upgrades, and easier troubleshooting with reduced operational cost.
- Security: Security is delivered through a wide range of authentication methods, data encryption technologies, and Network Admission Control (NAC) based on users, ports, and MAC addresses. Cisco TrustSec prevents unauthorized access and helps ensure that users get only their designated privileges.
The 8PC-L model provides:
- Eight 10/100-Mbps PoE ports providing up to 15.4 W per port (124 W total) for desktop, wireless access point, IP telephony, or closed-circuit TV camera connectivity
- Two dual-purpose uplink ports, each having one 10/100/1000 Ethernet port and one small-form-factor pluggable (SFP) Gigabit Ethernet port, with one active at a time
More information about this product is available on the Cisco website.
Product Service and Support
Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for this product.
Obtaining Your Product
When your request has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email from TechSoup Canada. Your product will be delivered within eight weeks. For details, see The Cisco Donation Program.
- AC input voltage/frequency:
- 100 to 240 V
- 1.6 to 0.8 A
- Environmental constraints:
- Operating temperature: 23 to 104°F (-5 to 45°C)
- Storage temperature: -13 to 158°F (-25 to 70°C)
- Operating/storage relative humidity: 5 to 95 percent (noncondensing)
- Operating altitude: Up to 10,000 feet (3,000 m)
- Storage altitude: Up to 15,000 feet (4,000 m)