CNB Computers Program Guidelines
The CNB Computers refurbished program at TechSoup Canada offers refurbished hardware solutions for Charities, nonprofits and libraries in Canada.
The CNB Computers refurbished program must comply with appropriate standards in providing the Services, including but not limited to:
- Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher (“MAR”) standards;
- Microsoft Registered Refurbisher (“MRR”) standards.
Eligible Organization Types
The CNB Computers refurbished program serves only nonprofit organizations whose mission benefits the local community.
Eligible organizations could include organizations with the following missions:
- Promoting human rights
- Providing relief to the poor
- Advancing education
- Improving social welfare
- Preserving culture
- Preserving or restoring the environment
- Establishment of civil society
Ineligible Organization Types
Not all organizations are eligible for participation in the Microsoft Donation Program. The following types of organizations are ineligible for Microsoft software prodcuts through TechSoup Canada:
- Governmental organizations or agencies.
- Educational institutions, including K-12 schools, colleges, universities, and trade schools.
- Healthcare organizations and networks, including hospitals, specialty networks, ambulatory healthcare services, home healthcare and assisted living healthcare organizations, research organizations, and laboratories.
- Professional, commerce, and trade associations.
- Political, labor, and fraternal organizations.
- Refurbishers that will be installing the donated software on refurbished computers to be distributed or donated to nonprofits or schools. Please visit the Registered Refurbisher Program.
- Nonpublic libraries, including private libraries, school libraries, specialty libraries, armed forces libraries, and libraries in government agencies.
Eligible organizations may place as many CNB requests as they need. However, each request may include no more than 5 individual items. For requests with more than 5 individual CNB items, please make arrangements with TechSoup Canada. This is so we can ensure there is enough inventory for everyone.
- Products will be distributed only to qualifying organizations, not individuals.
Organizations may not transfer or resell products.
CNB cannot deliver to PO Boxes. The address on TechSoup Canada accounts must be one that can receive deliveries from couriers. Organizations should contact TechSoup Canada prior to placing an order for any necessary updates to accounts.
Products are available to organizations with operating budgets of any size.
Recipient organizations must be willing and able to provide information for the purposes of creating a case study or testimonial on this program. This includes how the organization will use the products, what operational and mission impact the products are expected to provide, feedback on the program's overall process, any problems or concerns, and possible improvements.
Organizations that advocate, support, or practice discrimination based on age, ethnicity, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background are not eligible to participate in this program. Organizations must be willing and able to attest that they do not discriminate on any of these grounds in order to receive donations.
See the FAQ page for more information, such as shipping, warranty and recycling.