Microsoft Product Type
A SharePoint Server Enterprise device client access license (CAL) can be used only in conjunction with a SharePoint Server Standard device CAL. It authorizes one computer or other device to access additional features in SharePoint Server, regardless of the number of users (for example, a shared workstation).
This offer provides one Enterprise device CAL. Enterprise user CALs — for providing individuals with access to additional features — and Standard CALs (user and device) are also available.
Organizations can request an unlimited number of discounted products from Microsoft.
Requests that an organization places for discounted products must include at least five licenses. The five licenses can be for the same product or a combination of different products. This requirement is waived for some products.
The Enterprise device CAL provides access to additional features in SharePoint Server, including
- Business Connectivity Services: SharePoint can manipulate external data, both online and offline, from other instances of SharePoint and from Office applications.
- Access Services: You can make changes to and publish Access databases directly from SharePoint.
- Enterprise Search: The enhanced version of SharePoint's search feature allows you to search, filter, and sort up to 100 million documents.
- InfoPath Forms Services: You can create form-based applications in InfoPath and deploy them to SharePoint.
- Excel Services: Excel workbooks with PowerPivot can be published as interactive reports and dashboards within SharePoint.
This license does not require media, license keys, or setup codes.
CALs, ECLs, and management licenses (MLs) offered through TechSoup Canada are always for the currently offered version of the server software. However, these licenses can also be used with earlier versions of the server software.