Microsoft Product Type
Office 2019 Download and Installation Has Changed
Please note that all Office 2019 suites and individual applications, including Visio and Project, can no longer be downloaded directly through the VLSC.
To receive the Office product you've requested, follow our detailed instructions to download and install Office 2019 products obtained through Volume Licensing.
Access is a relational database management system that helps information workers track and report information.
This donation provides one license for installing the software on a single device. Request one license for each device on which you will install it. See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Use Rights for specific licensing details.
Need More Than 50 Licenses?
Eligible organizations can request additional licenses of Microsoft software at a nonprofit discount through TechSoup Canada. We strongly recommend maximizing your allotment of donated licences (up to 50 licences) before requesting additional Microsoft licences at a discount.
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current or previous version of the software in any language that's available through the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center if you request this product.
You can find out which version is the current one in the Microsoft FAQ.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have database experience, you can use Access to:
- Maintain a database of information on members, donors, and other constituents
- Convert data to reports and forms
- Automate data processing without writing any code
- Templates: Access includes prebuilt solutions that you can modify and adapt to your needs.
- Forms and reports: You can design and create professional forms and reports based on the fields in your databases.
- Tool development: Expression Builder and Macro Designer allow you to add automation and complex expressions without writing any code.
- Web access: When connected with SharePoint Server, you can post your databases online and access, view, and edit them from the web. Users without Access software can open web forms and reports in a web browser and synchronize their changes automatically.
- Data import: Access can connect to and import data from external sources, such as other Access databases, Excel spreadsheets, ODBC sources, and SQL Server database.
Important Volume Licensing Information
With Office, you can choose between two types of volume license keys for product activation: a Key Management Service (KMS) license key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). Organizations will be provided with both types of keys on the Microsoft Volume Licensing website.
Microsoft also offers instructions on how to use a MAK or KMS key to activate volume editions of Office software.
Obtaining This Product
Microsoft will send licensing information to the organizational email address on your account. You must verify that the organizational email is correct on the MY ORGANIZATION tab on your My Account page. If this email address is incorrect, please email us to update it BEFORE completing your donation request.
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Centre (VLSC) and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from TechSoup Canada after requesting this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup Canada will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the VLSC.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from TechSoup Canada to obtain your donation through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.