Microsoft Product Type
Exchange Server Standard Edition is email and personal information management software that runs on Windows Server. It provides a collaboration environment for secure messaging inside and outside an organization. The Standard Edition is designed for small-to-medium-sized organizations and is limited to five mailbox databases.
This donation provides one Standard Edition server license. Larger organizations should consider Exchange Server Enterprise Edition. For additional information about Exchange Server and the server and client licensing requirements, see the Guide to Exchange Server Editions and Licensing. For more information about server licesnsing in general, see our Guide to Microsoft Server Licensing.
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current or previous version of the software in any language that's available through the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center if you request this product.
You can find out which version is the current one in the Microsoft FAQ.
Benefits for Organizations
- If you have network administration experience, you can use Exchange Server to:
- Reduce costs by consolidating communications services
- Spend less time maintaining server settings
- Simplified management: A unified, web-based management console simplifies on-premises, online, and hybrid Exchange deployments.
- Unified messaging: Users can receive email, voicemail, and faxes through a single inbox that can be accessed from anywhere, including on mobile and web clients.
- Inbox protection: Integrated antivirus, anti-spam and anti-phishing technologies stop the latest threats.
- Database recovery: Administrators can configure database availability groups of up to 16 mailbox servers for automatic recovery from database-level failures.
Obtaining This Product
Microsoft will send licensing information to the organizational email address on your account. You must verify that the organizational email is correct on the MY ORGANIZATION tab on your My Account page. If this email address is incorrect, please email us to update it BEFORE completing your donation request.
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Centre (VLSC) and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from TechSoup Canada after requesting this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup Canada will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the VLSC.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from TechSoup Canada to obtain your donation through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.