Microsoft Product Type
Office for Mac is a suite of Microsoft Office products for Mac computers. Office for Mac is fully compatible with Office for Windows and backward compatible with previous versions of Office for both platforms.
This donation provides one license for installing the software on a single device. Request one license for each device on which you will install it.
Need More Than 50 Licenses?
Eligible organizations can request additional licenses of Microsoft software at a nonprofit discount through TechSoup Canada. We strongly recommend maximizing your allotment of donated licences (up to 50 licences) before requesting additional Microsoft licences at a discount.
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current or previous version of the software in any language that's available through the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center if you request this product.
You can find out which version is the current one in the Microsoft FAQ.
Benefits for OrganizationsYou can use Office for Mac to:
- Increase productivity by allowing Mac users to create, share, and edit documents with colleagues using Office for Windows or Mac without conversion or translation
- Enable collaboration by using Outlook for emailing and scheduling in a mixed Windows and Mac organization
Applications in This SuiteThe suite includes the following applications:
- Excel is a spreadsheet application with data analysis and visualization tools.
- Outlook is a time and information manager that integrates email, calendar, contacts, and tasks.
- PowerPoint is a presentation graphics program with capabilities for text effects, sound, and animation.
- Word is a full-featured word processor.
- OneNote is a note-taking application that allows various types of content to be shared among team members.
- Compatibility with Office for Windows: Each of the included applications has essentially the same capabilities as its Windows equivalent.
- Ribbon: The Office for Mac ribbon enhances usability by bringing together the most popular formatting and creation tools in a single, unified design. The classic Mac menu and standard toolbar are also available.
- Web and mobile access: With Office Online and free apps for mobile devices, users at separate locations can co-author or edit the same file at the same time. They can use any web browser or mobile device running iOS, Android, or Windows.
- Cloud storage: Office applications integrate with OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint, so you can access your files across devices.
Requesting the Right Number of Licenses
Request one license for this product for each computer on which you will install it. For example, if you will install it on 10 computers, be sure that the number 10 appears in the Quantity box on your View Cart page.
Obtaining This Product
Microsoft will send licensing information to the organizational email address on your account. You must verify that the organizational email is correct on the MY ORGANIZATION tab on your My Account page. If this email address is incorrect, please email us to update it BEFORE completing your donation request.
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Centre and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from TechSoup Canada after requesting this product.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.