Microsoft Product Type
IMPORTANT: Please read this page before requesting a donation of Get Genuine products
Veuillez noter: Vous ne pourrez passer une commande pour les systèmes d'exploitation Get Genuine qu'une seule et unique fois, peu importe le nombre de licences que comporte votre commande. Le maximum de licences Get Genuine attribué à un organisme est de 50 (peu importe les mises à zéro du cycle de deux ans).
The Microsoft Get Genuine Windows Agreement for Small and Medium Organizations offers full Windows operating systems, not upgrades, to nonprofits and public libraries who find themselves out of compliance with software licensing because of software piracy or other licensing issues.
This donation provides a full Windows Pro operating system license through the Get Genuine program to organizations that meet the eligibility criteria below. You should request one license for each computer on which you will install it.
The following options are available for Windows when you download this product:
- English or French
- 32-bit or 64-bit
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
This product provides a full version of Windows 10 Pro.
Should I choose Windows Get Genuine?
This product is suitable if your computer has any of the following:
- No operating system
- A Home version of Windows software
- Linux, FreeDOS, or other operating systems
- Counterfeit, pirated, or otherwise illegal, unlicensed, or improperly licensed Windows operating system
Once computers have genuine Windows, users can keep their current operating system up-to-date with the latest service packs and security updates by downloading them with Windows Update.
Benefits for Organizations
You should consider requesting this product if you need to install the latest Windows operating system on a PC that falls under one of the licensing scenarios described above.
You can use Windows Pro to:
- Protect computers from viruses and other malware with Windows Defender
- Support a touch-screen interface when working with individuals who cannot use a traditional mouse and keyboard
- Restore malfunctioning computers to the base installation with Reset and Refresh functions
- More easily switch between and access additional display languages in a multilingual environment
Special Rules for Get Genuine Product Requests
- Eligible organizations may place only one request ever for Get Genuine products.
Vous ne pourrez passer une commande pour les systèmes d'exploitation Get Genuine qu'une seule et unique fois
- Requests for Get Genuine products may not contain any other products.
- During check-out, the Get Genuine Windows Agreement for Small and Medium Organizations must be accepted on behalf of the organization.
Note: Since Get Genuine products are part of the Windows Desktop Operating Systems title group, an organization's request for them will reduce the number of operating system upgrade products it may request in its current two-year donation cycle.
Software Assurance Not Included
Get Genuine products do not include the Software Assurance benefits that come with most other Microsoft software donations. If an organization installs a Get Genuine product, that product will not have the benefit of receiving a free upgrade to a newer version of Windows when it is released in the future. However, the Get Genuine product will provide a computer with a legal base operating system upon which Windows upgrade products that include Software Assurance benefits offered through TechSoup Canada can be installed. Additionally, organizations that request Get Genuine products will be able to downgrade their donation to the most recent previous Windows OS versions at no cost through the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
The administrative fee for this Get Genuine product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
Microsoft will send licensing information to the organizational email address on your account. You must verify that the organizational email is correct on the MY ORGANIZATION tab on your My Account page. If this email address is incorrect, please email us to update it BEFORE completing your donation request.
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Volume Licensing Service Centre and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from TechSoup Canada after requesting this product. is specified in the email you receive from TechSoup Canada after requesting this product.
- 1-GHz (or higher) 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit processor
- 1 GB or more RAM for 32-bit; 2 GB or more RAM for 64-bit
- 16 GB available hard-disk space for 32-bit; 20 GB for 64-bit
- 800x600-pixel (or higher) display
- DirectX 9 graphics device with Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.0 or later driver
Additional requirements to use certain features. See the full system requirements.
Product functionality and appearance might vary with system configuration.