Resource Development is one of eight nonprofit management courses in the Learning Institute Certificate series. The course presents standard nonprofit concepts, vocabulary, and strategies through a 90-minute video presentation. A downloadable participant guide reinforces the presentation and contains worksheets and an Organizational Assessment Tool to assist with post-training implementation. The course takes from six to nine hours to complete and is available online for one year.
Benefits for Organizations
If you lead or manage a nonprofit organization or public library, you can learn how to:
- Acquire new donors to broaden the organization's base of support
- Encourage existing donors to renew their support
- Encourage existing donors to raise the amount or type of support they give to the organization
The course was prepared by Jimmie R. Alford, founder, chair, and CEO of The Alford Group Inc., a national consulting firm serving nonprofit organizations since 1979. The course moderator is Joan Cybela, a professor and distance education specialist with the University of Wisconsin-Extension.
Test Your Computer Before Requesting
Before you request this product, test your computer's ability to play the video presentation by playing the samples at: http://www.snpo.org/lino/catalog/samples.php.
Certificate, CEUs, and CAE Credits Available
Participants can earn 0.6 of a continuing education unit (CEU) and 6 certified association executive (CAE) credits for each course by submitting a registration form and successfully completing assignments. Successful completion of assignments for the entire eight-part series entitles participants to the Certificate in Nonprofit Leadership and Management from the Society for Nonprofits and Michigan State University Extension.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup Canada will send a message to your organization email address with instructions for obtaining and activating this product.
- Windows operating system
- Web browser set to allow videos to play in web pages and with pop-up blockers disabled temporarily. The site is optimized for Internet Explorer 6 with Windows Media Player 7.1+.
- To test a computer's ability to play Learning Institute videos, play the samples at: http://www.snpo.org/lino/catalog/samples.php.
- Internet connection