Exciting news - Google has launched Google for Nonprofits in Canada! As of June 9th 2014, Canadian Registered Charities, Canadian Federal Nonprofits, and Canadian Provincial Nonprofits can now apply to join the program, which offers access to Google’s suite of free products and tools.
Once your nonprofit is approved, you can get access to free Google Apps to cut IT costs and operate more efficiently, up to $10,000 a month in advertising on Google AdWords to reach more supporters, and premium features for YouTube and Google’s mapping technologies to raise awareness of your cause. Google has also developed other online resources such as educational videos, case studies and other ways to connect with other nonprofits.
At TechSoup Canada, we are excited to be able to support Google for Nonprofits’ application process by validating Canadian nonprofits according to a global standard. By working with Google and TechSoup, we hope that many nonprofits will be able to benefit from Google’s technology products to be more efficient in their work.
To help your nonprofit learn more about Google for Nonprofits and how you can benefit from this program, check out our Google for Nonprofits FAQ Page, or if you are already a qualified member of TechSoup Canada, you can grab your validation token and apply right away!
Need ideas on how to use Google’s products? Here are some resources to help you get started:
- Email In The Cloud: A Google Apps Case Study
- Videoconferencing With Google+ Hangouts - Inspirit Foundation's Story
- [Video] Google Apps 101
- Tierney Reviews Google Apps
- Joyce Reviews Google Forms
- TechSoup Battles: Collaborating In Real Time With Google Docs
- How to use Google Drive as your nonprofit’s filing system
- Google Apps Tips: Embedding Google Docs In Google Sites
- Google Apps Tips: Google Docs Comments
- Advanced Use Of Google Grants – Moving Past Basic Advertising
- Google Grants Can Help Charities Promote Themselves Online
- How To Use Google Maps And Google Earth For Outreach And Advocacy
- Using Google Maps APIs And KML Tools To Create Online Maps