Like any organization operating in Canada, nonprofits need to comply with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) if they send “commercial” electronic messages (including electronic newsletters). But other data privacy rules from Europe now apply as well! If you have members, donors or website visitors from the EU, you must be in compliance with the GDPR, Europe’s new privacy law.
In this webinar, Antoine Bonicalzi, Marketing Director* for Cyberimpact, will talk about how you can comply with CASL &GDPR by taking a few simple steps. All in simple plain English, no legal jargon guaranteed! Antoine will cover exactly what CASL & GDPR are, and how they apply to your nonprofit so that you’ll be ready to make 2019 your best data privacy & consent driven year yet.
In this webinar you will learn:
- How to handle your contacts’ personal data
- How to obtain & handle meaningful consent
- The types of software to help you stay compliant
- The channels of communication (e-mail & other digital communication) you can use to promote your work while remaining compliant
Below is the webinar recording, presentation slide deck, and a list of additional resources.
* Please note that Antoine is not a lawyer, the content of this webinar does not constitute legal advice. For legal advice, please consult legal experts.