Partenaire de Don
- Donated product will be distributed under this program to qualifying organizations only, not to individuals.
- One donation may be requested within a fiscal year (July 1 to June 30).
- This donation is available to Canadian Registered Charities, Canadian nonprofits incorporated either provincially or at the federal level, and Canadian Public Libraries.
- Recipient organizations must be willing and able to provide information to Dharma for the purposes of creating a case study or testimonial on this program.
- Organizations that advocate, support, or practice discrimination based on age, ethnicity, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background are not eligible to participate in this program. Organizations must be willing and able to attest that they do not discriminate on any of these grounds in order to receive donations.
- Dharma products may not be transferred or resold.
This product is temporarily out of stock. Unfortunately, we don't know when it will come back. To get notified when products come back into stock, please sign up for our product alert newsletter.
This offer gives nonprofit organizations and public libraries access to merchant services and hardware at special rates lower than Dharma Merchant Services' published rates. This TechSoup offer facilitates organizations' access to the discounted rates, but organizations pay Dharma directly for the discounted services and hardware.
Benefits for Organizations
Dharma's services could be helpful to organizations in the following ways:
- Reducing payment processing expenses though Dharma's special rates (organizations processing $2,000 or more per month will pay lower fees with Dharma than with PayPal or Square)
- Allowing organizations to accept payments on their website with more custom options than the basic services offered by third-party payment processors like PayPal, Google Checkout, or Amazon Payments
- Enabling organizations to accept donations on a custom web page or from smartphones
- Enabling organizations to accept credit cards at one-time events and not pay fees for opening or closing an account
Dharma Merchant Services provides reduced rates for:
- Credit/debit card and check processing services, with card present or not present, including e-commerce transactions through a choice of payment gateway providers.
- Credit/debit card and check processing equipment for purchase, including wired and wireless physical terminals and card readers that attach to mobile devices.
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance certification through Trustwave, a certified Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and Authorized Scanning Vendor (ASV).
- Custom fundraising web pages from 4aGoodCause for your organization to receive donations on the web or from smartphones with a reduced setup fee of $49. See details and other fees.
No Contract Required
Dharma does not require a contract to open a merchant account. There are no termination, cancellation, or minimum transaction fees associated with a merchant account. However, organizations must agree to the terms and conditions of the Dharma Merchant Account agreement.
Organizations Switching Payment Processors
Organizations that are currently accepting credit cards should confirm with their current service provider that there will be no cancellation fee. Some cancellation fees can be very large, and it might make sense to wait until the contract runs out.
Dharma Merchant Services provides customer service for this offering. Organizations can contact Dharma by phone at (866) 615-5157 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time, Monday through Friday, or by email at email@example.com. For 24/7 support after normal business hours, organizations can contact Dharma's back-office support partner, TSYS Acquiring Solutions, at (800) 552-8227.
For more information about the various products and services in this offer, see the Frequently Asked Questions page on Dharma's website.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable unless Dharma denies an organization's application for discounted rates. No exchange is possible.
Obtaining This Product
You will need to take further action to obtain this product after your donation request has been approved. TechSoup Canada will send instructions to your organization email address.
Each organization must apply for a merchant services account directly with Dharma. Applicants must have an organization checking account to receive funds. You must fill out Dharma's online application. A representative from Dharma will then contact your organization within two business days to complete the application process.
- For wired terminal:
- Analog phone line
- For wireless terminal:
- Terminal location within AT&T coverage area
- For Authorize.Net payment gateway:
- Computer with Internet access
- For swiped transactions — USB port and card reader