Partenaire de Don
The Learning Institute Certificate series consists of eight courses, each covering a different aspect of nonprofit management. Each course presents standard nonprofit concepts, vocabulary, and strategies through a 90-minute video presentation. A downloadable participant guide reinforces the presentation and contains worksheets and an Organizational Assessment Tool to assist with post-training implementation. Courses take from six to nine hours to complete and are available online for one year.
Benefits for Organizations
If you lead or manage a nonprofit organization or public library, you can learn about the core competencies you need to be successful.
Courses in This Series
The series includes the following eight courses:
- Strategic Planning: Formulating long- and short-term objectives based on the organization's vision and a realistic assessment of its current situation
- Resource Development: Acquiring and retaining donors through relationship building; attracting various types of donors and moving them to higher levels of support
- Board Governance: Determining what kind of board will best suit the organization; knowing how and where to find and recruit diverse board members; building board commitment to the organization's mission
- Marketing: Developing a marketing plan that is based on understanding the organization's clients and constituents and that effectively employs all the resources available to the organization
- Mission-Based Management: Assessing the organization's financial status and developing strategies to improve financial performance that are in line with the organization's values
- Social Entrepreneurship: Using entrepreneurial principles to organize, create, and manage programs with the goal of both social and financial return on investment
- Volunteer Management: Determining the types of volunteers that best suit the organization and the roles they will play; finding and recruiting such volunteers and managing their relationships with paid employees
- Strategic Alliances: Exploring a variety of cooperative arrangements between two or more parties in pursuit of mutual goals; implementing such arrangements for mutual benefit
The courses are prepared by academics, practitioners, and consultants who are all well-known and respected experts in their field.
Test Your Computer Before Requesting
Before you request this product, test your computer's ability to play the video presentation by playing the samples at: http://www.snpo.org/lino/catalog/samples.php.
Certificate, CEUs, and CAE Credits Available
Participants can earn 0.6 of a continuing education unit (CEU) and 6 certified association executive (CAE) credits for each course by submitting a registration form and successfully completing assignments. Successful completion of assignments for the entire eight-part series entitles participants to the Certificate in Nonprofit Leadership and Management from the Society for Nonprofits and Michigan State University Extension.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup Canada will send a message to your organization email address with instructions for obtaining and activating this product.
- Windows operating system
- Web browser set to allow videos to play in web pages and with pop-up blockers disabled temporarily. The site is optimized for Internet Explorer 6 with Windows Media Player 7.1+.
- To test a computer's ability to play Learning Institute videos, play the samples at: http://www.snpo.org/lino/catalog/samples.php.
- Internet connection